I roll up my sleeves and get involved, providing guidance and advice on:
- Local Program Production; a risky business.
- National Program Production;
- Program Creation: Concept & Design;
- Recruitment and Coaching of Outstanding Staff;
- Piloting, Grant Writing & Production;
- Budget Development & Management;
Before we agree to work together, let’s be realistic about …What I can do for you – and what I can’t.
In other words, let’s talk …
OK, I am good. Actually, very good at what I do. But, what is that?
- Conceiving the vision.
- Designing new programs.
- Helping staff implement the vision in the most imaginative way.
- Creating realistic, lean production budgets.
- Helping find the money: writing grant requests and funding proposals.
- Identifying with the audience, knowing from experience, what their tastes are.
- Recruiting excellent talent and staff.
- Help them critique their own work and aspire to even better work.
- Diagnosing what is wrong with a segment, a program, a talent.
- Devising helpful ways to fix problems.
- Helping production staffs support marketing campaigns.
- Talking with the right people at all three public radio networks about your project.
- Helping you line up successful professionals to assist with training, promotion and publicity, marketing, underwriting and station relations.
What can’t I do? Well, I can’t guarantee …
- That you’ll produce a “hit.”
- Network distribution.
- Station carriage.
These will take a lot of effort on your part. Don’t let anyone tell you it isn’t hard work. But, the good news is …
I sure can help you get there!
Budget Development and Management
Business Experience and Savvy
Financial and Organizational Analysis
I will work with you to develop a fair and affordable compensation arrangement, taking into account your budget size and ability to pay. Here is a sample of my charges: one pager.