Each consulting project is tailored to your specific needs and priced individually and in consultation with you. Naturally, the cost-per-hour declines when the Client’s commitment increases. In other words, you get a better deal when you give Jim a lot of work, versus a little!
The following is intended to give you an overall sense of how Jim charges for his consulting.
If Jim’s consulting is purchased on an hourly basis, Jim’s hourly rate is $300/hour, with a 4-hour minimum. 4 x $300 = $1,200.
A rigorous 2½ day brainstorming and planning session at your location to develop a new show or improve existing programs. Involves identification of:
- Clarify motivation to do show: what is the mandate?
- Survey of Staff about show;
- Mission and Expectations;
- Differentiators between this show and others;
- The Show Bible and 10 commandments;
- How to create Signature Segments and brainstorming about actual segments;
- Full written summary and recommendations, timetable, resource analysis, metrics to measure success
- Critiques of first production and ongoing communication.
Cost of this entire package averages between $7,500 and $10,000 per Intensive, plus travel and related expenses. (Travel time is billed at $50/hour plus travel expenses.)
Full Program Development:
This is to guide you through development of your program concept. A 3-6 month process of working with the you and other staff in every phase of program development. Includes 2-3 on-location Intensive Planning Sessions as described above, and in between sessions, the audition of produced material, email critiques and conference calls. In addition to subjects listed above:
- All of above (under Intensive), plus:
- Assessment of Organizational Strengths & Weaknesses;
- Concept Development;
- Business Analysis;
- Staffing Plan;
- Clock & Segment Creation;
- Piloting and fine-tuning concept;
- Distribution & Marketing Plan;
Based upon a proposal.
Invention of New Show:
Invention by Jim Russell of a unique new program including the program idea, the demand and opportunity for it, and in addition to all of the items of “Full Program Development” listed above:
- All of above, plus:
- Invention of a unique new show including program idea.
- Serving as Startup Executive Producer;
- Recruit Host/s & Producer.
- Negotiate Distribution;
- Fundraising Assistance;
- Station Marketing assistance;
Based upon a proposal.